The MAX13085EESA+T +5.0V, ±15kV ESD-protected, RS-485/RS-422 transceiver features one driver and one receiver.
The device includes fail-safe circuitry, guaranteeing a logic-high receiver output when receiver inputs are open or shorted. The receiver outputs a logic-high if all transmitters on a terminated bus are disabled (high impedance). The MAX13085E includes a hot-swap capability to eliminate false transitions on the bus during power-up or hot insertion.
The MAX13085EESA+T features reduced slew-rate drivers that minimize EMI and reduce reflections caused by improperly terminated cables, allowing error-free data transmission up to 500kbps.
The MAX13085EESA+T is ideal for half-duplex communications and it draws 1.2mA of supply current when unloaded or when fully loaded with the drivers disabled. TheMAX13085E has a 1/8-unit load receiver input impedance,allowing up to 256 transceivers on the bus.
The MAX13085EESA+T is available in an 8-pin SO and PDIP packages.
* +5.0V Operation
* Extended ESD Protection for RS-485/RS-422 I/O Pins ±15kV Human Body Model
* True Fail-Safe Receiver While Maintaining EIA/TIA-485 Compatibility
* Hot-Swap Input Structures on DE and RE
* Enhanced Slew-Rate Limiting Facilitates ErrorFree Data Transmission
* Low-Current Shutdown Mode
* Allow Up to 256 Transceivers on the Bus
* Available in Industry-Standard 8-Pin SO and PDIP Packages