Note: A newer device is available. Please consider the PIC16F887.
The PIC16F877A-E/PT 8-bit Microcontroller has 7 K of Flash Program Memory with 33 I/O's. It's maximum CPU speed is 20 MHz with an operating voltage range of 2 V - 5.5 V in a 44-Pin TQFP package. It has an extended temperature range of -40°C to +125°C and is lead free.
This powerful (200 nanosecond instruction execution) yet easy-to-program (only 35 single word instructions) CMOS FLASH-based 8-bit microcontroller packs Microchip's powerful PIC® architecture into an 40- or 44-pin package and is upwards compatible with the PIC16C5X, PIC12CXXX and PIC16C7X devices. PIC16F877 features 256 bytes of EEPROM data memory, self programming, an ICD, 8 channels of 10-bit Analog-to-Digital (A/D) converter, 2 additional timers, 2 capture/compare/PWM functions, the synchronous serial port can be configured as either 3-wire Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI™) or the 2-wire Inter-Integrated Circuit (I²C™) bus and a Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter (USART). All of these features make it ideal for more.
- Precision Internal Oscillator:
- Factory calibrated to ±1%
- Software selectable frequency range of 8 MHz to 32 kHz
- Software tunable
- Two-Speed Start-Up mode
- Fail-safe clock monitoring for critical applications
- Clock mode switching during operation for low-power operation
- Power-Saving Sleep mode
- Power-on Reset (POR)
- Selectable Brown-out Reset (BOR) voltage
- Extended Watchdog Timer (WDT) with its own on-chip RC oscillator for reliable operation
- In-Circuit Serial Programming™ (ICSP™) via two pins
- In-Circuit Debug (ICD) via two pins
- High-endurance Flash/EEPROM cell:
- 100,000 erase/write cycle enhanced Flash program memory, typical
- 1,000,000 erase/write cycle data EEPROM memory, typical
- Data EEPROM retention > 40 years
- Self-reprogrammable under software control Programmable code protection
- Advanced level A/D applications
- Consumer applications.